One of America’s most renowned foreign policy organizations is looking for a motivated, energetic, creative person with a proven track record in political outreach, community organizing, or related field that shows your ability to understand American politics, build strong relationships, close deals, and show good judgment. AIPAC is looking for an Outreach Director to join our growing team in the Northeast Region.
As Regional Outreach Director you will help grow pro-Israel political activism in one of the largest and most important markets in America. The Regional Outreach Director promotes pro-Israel education and activism among progressive leaders in the Northeast Region. The Regional Outreach Director reports to the Regional Political Director in the Northeast Region and the National Outreach Director in Washington, DC.
- Build relationships with key progressive political, religious, and community leaders in the Northeast Region, educating them about the U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Encourage involvement in pro-Israel activism and politics.
- Recruit participants for educational seminars in Israel as well as regional and national AIPAC events.
- Maintain and expand relationships with Israel seminar participants.
- Mobilize constituencies on important legislative campaigns.
- Participate in educational briefings with candidates for Congress.
- Analyze local political trends, performing the necessary research and preparing background materials.
- Plan, execute and speak at meetings and events to educate and recruit progressive leaders.
- Work closely and collaboratively with lay leaders, and with staff in both the Northeast and Washington, DC.
- A commitment to an effective American foreign policy in the Middle East and a passion for Israel.
- A thorough understanding of – and demonstrated experience working with – elected officials, progressive leaders and groups, such as organized labor, the LGBT community, women’s advocacy groups, and environmentalists.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of political experience working on Capitol Hill, in state or local government, on political campaigns, or other relevant experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills with an attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and a demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Strong research skills.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, and for travel regularly around the Northeast Region, and to Washington, DC, and Israel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org