Finance Assistant (6 months), Finance Department, Berlin, Deadline: 10/25/2018This is a full-time temporary position for 6 months via an agency
Application deadline: 2018. October 25th Thursday
The Global Finance and Grants Management team, comprised of 85 members, sits in our Berlin, London, New York and Vienna offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of specialists spanning the global operations of the Foundations.
Reporting to the Deputy CFO, the Finance Assistant will provide administrative and professional support for the Finance function. Work is carried out under general supervision. The Finance Assistant will play an important part in supporting the team and assist the cohesive operation of it.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance team and Berlin based staff, e.g. correspondence, filing, distribution of department mail, and other team related tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring confidential information is kept secure and standard Finance documentation is up to date
- Manage the administration process of our systems.
- Take notes at meetings
- Manage the administrative process for various invoicing
- Assemble hard copy or online materials for any internal or external audits (e.g. invoices, payments, canceled checks, etc.)
- Archive and retrieve Finance Department files as needed
- Follow organizational policies and procedures
- Support ad hoc projects and any other duties assigned by Deputy CFO or other team members
- 1-3 years of administrative/operational experience at a large and complex organization
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience and desire to make operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Poised, works well under pressure and attentive to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office technologies and IT solutions; must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems
- Proficiency in data management and visualization platforms and databases (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, Foundation Maps, etc.)
- Experience with record keeping, budgeting management, and finance administration
- Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on complex administrative tasks. Able to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization
- Experience making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive and confidential issues
- Not afraid to ask the right questions to ensure that something is completed correctly
- Mature, creative, and a quick learner
- Interest in Finance is a plus, but not necessary
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.