Finance Analyst (6 months), Finance Department, Berlin, Deadline: 10/25/2018This is a full-time temporary position for 6 months via an agency
Application deadline: 2018. October 25th Thursday
The Global Finance and Grants Management team, comprised of 85 members, sits in our Berlin, London, New York and Vienna offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of specialists spanning the global operations of the Foundations.
Reporting to the Division Director of the Accounting Division, the Finance Analyst will provide administrative and professional support. Work is carried out under general supervision. The Finance Analyst will play an important part in supporting the team and assist the cohesive operation of it.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- completing regular reconciliation routines
- monitoring, reviewing and analyzing monthly reports
- monitoring annual and monthly balance sheet activity of the entities
- assisting in preparation of management reports and financial statements
- performing basic daily accounting tasks
- preparing ad hoc reports as requested
- keeps contact with customers, debtors, banks etc.
- college or university degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Analytics essential
- three to five years relevant experience in basic accounting or data analytics preferred
- good analytical, excellent presentation & communication skills
- fluency in English and German essential
- advanced Excel skills essential
- strong computer skills required, experience with computer based Accounting systems is an advantage
- well organized, self-starter, team player
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.