The Program Officer, Nutrition and Essential Medicine will be responsible for the overall program operations. He/she will manage the operations through implementing partners and work in close coordination with other Program Officers and other CHAI team members across programs in Bhopal in achieving program goals. He/she work in close coordination with the Department of Women and Child Development and the National Health Mission, Madhya Pradesh. He/she will directly manage relationships with external stakeholder organisations/suppliers as per the Project requirement.
CHAI is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong program management and an exemplary record in program operations. Successful candidates will have excellent analytical and communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
- Spearhead operational excellence through strong program management and ensuring implementation of programmatic strategies and ensure achievement of program objectives;
- Further, in partnership with the Essential Medicine (EM) Program leadership, lead the design/refinement of CHAI India's integrated diarrhea and pneumonia strategy in select assigned districts;
- Work closely with a cross-functional team by establishing program goals, supervising task execution and monitoring project progress. Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with cross-cultural team;
- Provide guidance, mentorship and oversight in nurturing and building a great program team;
- Partner management;
- Monitor the reporting discipline by partner staff to get quality data timely;
- Data analysis for improvement of performance and programmatic decisions;
- Ensure partner maintains agreed upon inventory and smooth supply chain for ensuring availability of specified commodities at all times;
- Carry out due diligence and physical checks on stock received by partners to validate the procurement;
- Take field coaching sessions and conduct review meetings with partner field force;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- MBA or a Masters’ Degree in related field;
- Minimum 8-10 years’ work experience in strong mid-management leadership or operational experience in public or private enterprise;
- FMCG experience is highly desirable;
- Strong problem-solving, analytical capability and project management skills; highly entrepreneurial and with strong self-motivation with ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations;
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (Private sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships in order to successfully drive projects;
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a high degree of self-confidence;
- Fluency in English & Hindi;
- Should be willing to travel extensively within India;
- Excellent team player as need to work closely with cross functional team.
- Work experience in fast-paced results oriented and reputed organization/organisations;
- Experience working with the cross-functional team at a mid-management level;
- Experience managing a team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org