- Assists in the development of programming strategies for J/TIP’s centrally-managed foreign assistance informed by TIP Report recommendations, assessments of the
- programming context, and intra- and interagency consultations on current and projected programming.
- Recommends programming priorities to the Ambassador-at-Large for the grant solicitation process.
- Reviews and assesses applicant proposals through a multi-stage solicitation process.
- Provides funding recommendations to the Ambassador-at-Large.
- Support the Grants Officer and Grants Officer Representative (GOR) by providing assistance in completing actions required to award approved grants.
- Assists in the oversight of grantee performance and activities related to J/TIP-funded projects.
- Reviews and analyzes progress and financial reports, observes grantee compliance with award terms and conditions, conducts site visits as appropriate, and works with the grantee, GOR, and Grants Officer to resolve issues as required.
- Promotes organizational learning by analyzing data to support evidence-based decision making, identify lessons learned and good practices, and facilitate independent evaluations.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Provides policy guidance and technical expertise on anti-TIP programs and activities.
- Supports J/TIP engagements with intra- and interagency counterparts and with officials from other governments, multilateral organizations, civil society organizations, and the private sector.
- Prepares verbal and written communications for senior officials as required to include analyses, strategy documents, briefing papers, presentations, and decision memos.
- Collaborates closely with other International Programs and J/TIP counterparts.
- Supports and promotes regular communication and collaboration with intra- and interagency programming stakeholders, regional bureaus, and posts.
- Supports J/TIP efforts to build partnerships with other anti-TIP programming stakeholders, including bilateral and private anti-TIP donors.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Assists in the oversight of grantee performance and activities related to J/TIP-funded cooperative agreements.
- Assists in the development of strategies and makes recommendations for programming in response to manmade and natural disasters, requests by governments for short-term training and technical assistance, and requirements for emergency assistance to victims.
- Works with post, regional bureau points of contact, and other counterparts to develop short-term training and technical assistance projects.
- Facilitates execution of individual trainings and provision of technical assistance activities by coordinating and monitoring activities and timelines.
- Support other projects related to J/TIP programs, including research, modern slavery prevalence reduction, and child protection, functioning under the Duties & Responsibilities listed above.
Experience and Skills:
- U.S. Citizenship
- An advanced degree (Master of Arts/Master of Science, etc.) from an accredited institution
- Two (02) years’ work experience related to human trafficking, criminal justice, rule of law, international affairs, or international grants management
- Demonstrated excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior knowledge of U.S. government programs and grants processes
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org