Under the direction of the International Grants Manager, the Jr. Staff Accountant provides clerical and grant support for the accounting department. (This position is part time for 20 hours a week.)
- Review budgets for formulas, correct numbers, etc. and to enter budget information into the MIP system.
- Electronically file documentation including contracts, agreements, and budgets.
- Obtain signatures for both invoices and checks and ask any questions for invoices.
- Physical filing of accounting documents such as payables after they are processed.
- Preparing supporting documentation for inter-company journal entries.
- Review RFP’s for terms and highlight requirements for the proposal.
- Assist with copying receipts for financial report and confirm the GL document description. (Check journal entry codes attached to each expense)
- Assist in audit preparation.
- Copy and scan documents as required.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational, administrative, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing Microsoft software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff and good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of: accounting concepts and practices; financial recordkeeping preferred.
- Methods of performing basic business mathematics calculations.
- Organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with accounting training/courses required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (especially Excel and Word) and demonstrated ability to input high volumes of data with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with “Application for Junior Staff Accountant" in the subject line. Open until filled. We are reviewing applications as they come in and will begin interviews the week of October 29, 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org