Exovera LLC (www.exovera.com) a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOSi, is seeking to hire a Central America Media Analyst, to join our team. The successful candidate will be fluent in Spanish (both verbal and written) and will be an outstanding writer in English. The analyst must have an analytic mind and a sophisticated understanding of local and regional current events. We are looking for proven experience in high-pace fields such as journalism, strategic communications, public relations, intelligence, political consulting, and the like. Familiarity with Central America is strongly preferred. Experience with social media, information technology, and analytics are also advantages.
The Central America Analyst is part of a team and may be required to work on a variable shift schedule, which may include evening and weekend shifts. Work will include monitoring and analyzing local and regional, print, broadcast, and social media sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Monitors Spanish-language print, broadcast, and social news media sources and selects content according to variable customer requirements
• Writes succinct synopses and analytic overviews in professional English highlighting and assessing key information
• Contributes to a team of media analysts and provides original analysis pieces related to Central America (and regional) media content and coverage
• Interacts with a range of online tools, including media aggregators, basic analysis systems and databases (training is provided)
• May respond to customer inquiries and correspondence
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field
• Strong interest and knowledge of regional and global current events
• Native fluency or near native fluency in Spanish is required
• Proven skill and experience (at least 2 years) in a position involving writing in professional English
• Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance
• Experience related to monitoring and sophisticated analysis, including an ability to identify biases and remain objective.
• Comfort and experience managing information in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated comfort with information technology and multimedia software, including publishing and analytics tools
• Maturity, honesty, and integrity
• Ability/flexibility and temperament to work on a shift schedule, occasionally on short notice
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org