Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Senior Project Manager to serve as a key member of its Citizen Security Practice Area with the Communities in Transition (CIT) Division. The Senior Project Manager, together with the Practice Area Director, will have responsibility for both business development and project management of the firm’s worldwide Crime and Violence Prevention portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Practice Area Director.
New Business Development:
- Contribute to the development of a Crime and Violence Prevention strategy globally;
- Support the development of solicited and unsolicited technical proposals and liaise with appropriate units or divisions as required;
- Conduct field assessments/reconnaissance trips as needed;
- Coordinate with Program and Development Unit to track potential solicitation opportunities from USAID, CMM, DOS and other donor agencies in Citizen Security core areas;
- Build on contacts to identify new business opportunities;
- Support collaborative initiatives between CIT and other program divisions; and
- Support activities in established business lines and contribute to the identification and definition of new business lines.
Technical and Project Support:
- Work closely with HQ team and Chiefs of Party to provide technical support to programs worldwide;
- Lead learning efforts around crime and violence prevention portfolio;
- Provide project management support to designated project within Citizen Security portfolio;
- Participate in client, external and internal meetings, workshops and events;
- Ensure that programs are responsive to client demands and innovative in the field of Crime and Violence Prevention and Countering Violence Extremism; and
- Support the development of tools and approaches that enhance program implementation and expand upon Creative’s experience in the field.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Public Policy, International Relations or other related discipline and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in the international development arena preferred;
- Expertise in crime and violence prevention best practices and methodologies in transitional and post-conflict environments;
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish;
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with client representatives and senior government officials in conflict and post-conflict countries;
- Strong project and grants management and budget or financial management experience;
- Excellent speaking, writing and analytical skills;
- Strong regional expertise in one of the following regions: Latin America, with experience in MENA, Africa preferred;
- Strong negotiation skills; and
- Proven experience in proposal writing and project design.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments; and
- Evaluation and/or facilitation skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org