The Program Quality (PQ) Coordinator (PMII) will manage and provide technical oversight to ensure development and implementation of Iraq Country Program (CP) programming, including its large and complex projects, meets CRS program quality standards. The PQ Coordinator will ensure effective systems and processes are in place that advance CRS' work in serving conflict-affected families in Iraq. This includes overseeing the CP's Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Technical Support Unit (TSU), informing the CP learning initiatives and strategy, and coordinating CP program development. The PQ Coordinator's management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact across the CP.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports;
- Provide guidance and technical support throughout the project cycle so that project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out of projects across the CP are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices;
- Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research and publications, and implementation of MEAL policies. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned which contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda and inform CP strategy discussions. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices across projects;
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth in line with agency, regional, and CP PQ strategic priorities. Coordinate technical writing, and at times serve as lead writer to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals;
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in PQ for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact;
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of PQ needs of CRS partners and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches;
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of MEAL, business development, and/or other PQ roles;
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO;
- Good experience in project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID;
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals and reports;
- Experience engaging with partner organizations;
- MEAL skills and experience strongly preferred;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems (esp. CommCare and PowerBI).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions;
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
- Good presentation and facilitation skills;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Professional proficiency in English required. Arabic language preferred but not required.
- The position will be based in Erbil, with limited travel to Duhok, and as security allows, to Kirkuk, Mosul, and Baghdad offices. Occasional travel within the region for trainings and workshops.
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct Supervision: MEAL Project Manager, PQ Program Manager I (planned);
- Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programming, Head of Operations, Head of Finance, CP Program and Project staff, MEAL staff, Procurement/Administration team, EMECA (including the Deputy Regional Director for Program Quality and Regional Advisor for MEAL) and HRD staff;
- External: CRS Partners in Iraq, Other INGOs/LNGOs operating in Iraq, Government of Iraq Local Officials, UN agency representatives, Donor representatives, inclusive of US Government Donor Agencies.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org