The Policy Intern will take care in particular of the following tasks:
- Monitoring of the relevant developments relevant for the recycling industry at European level (plastics strategy; waste and chemicals legislation; implementation and revision of waste legislation);
- Support the drafting of position papers and other relevant policy documents;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attendance to conferences, meetings and seminars.
- University master degree in law, economics, political sciences, environmental sciences or chemistry;
- Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
- Proactive and willing to learn;
- Interest in European affairs and basic knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Proven computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Preferably 6 months of relevant work experience in EU affairs;
- Prior traineeship in an EU institution or in an international organization would be a plus.
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (one page) and your CV (in English) to [email protected] to the attention of Mr. Emmanuel Katrakis.
- Please include your first and last name and the job title (“Policy Intern”) in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: 16th November 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org