The Producer, Foreign Affairs will produce foreign news related segments for PBS NewsHour broadcast and website and participate in senior strategic planning for all foreign coverage. The Producer, Foreign Affairs will work closely with other members of the Foreign team and the rest of the staff on foreign and other non-foreign affairs coverage.
- Offer daily coverage ideas during editorial planning meetings and participate in longer term strategic planning of foreign (and other coverage).
- Propose, develop, produce and write stories for both on-air and online that relate to ongoing developments in foreign and other news.
- Work to develop ideas under guidance from Foreign Affairs Senior Producer and Correspondent and mentor junior producers and Production Assistants.
- Occasional international travel as assigned.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Experience producing network quality stories, for day of air and longer form magazine-style features.
- Experience covering foreign affairs for major television, web or newspaper.
- Experience with shooting and editing on Avid, Final Cut, or Adobe preferred.
- Experience contributing text and video content to digital publication and social media.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced newsroom setting and to adjust smoothly to changing assignments under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral and demonstrated writing skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, project planning and time management skills. Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, international relations, or other related field.
- 4 years’ experience in broadcast and/or digital journalism, to include high quality video production.
- Proven experience covering foreign affairs for a major publication, digital or television organization.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org