The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
Reports to: Controller
Scope: The Accounts Payable Clerk a crucial part of the finance and accounting team. This position will be responsible for maintaining financial payable records and transactions. Additional responsibilities will include processing receivables and payables, account reconciliation, bank reconciliation, financial month end closing, and other financial duties.
- Process payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Process vendor invoices for payment in a timely manner, including reviewing invoices for accuracy, appropriate documentation, approval prior to payment, noting status of past due amounts, and coding.
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and other billing issues
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up-to-date
- Respond to staff and vendor inquiries
- Data entry and posting invoices through accounts payable to the general ledger
- Maintains and enters recurring payments, updating as needed for changes
- Filing accounts payable and general ledger reports
- Filing payment vouchers
- Prepare journal entries for miscoded items
- Set up new vendors and posting manual checks in the payment system
- Prepare monthly reports including AP aging report, private donation report, etc. Making bank deposits. Process deposits (checks/cash) and preparing cash receipt report.
- Distribute and mailing staff and vendor checks
- Maintain all accounts payable reports and corporate accounts payable files
- Post monthly recurring bills and monthly journal entries
- Prepare weekly check reports for distribution
- Maintain organized accounting files
- Assist with audit preparation and with month-end closings
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and the Junior Accountant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of accounts payable and/or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel, Word and Internet/email access and utilization.
- Analytical; quick learner with high numeric ability and reasoning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, multitasker, and able to manage priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a positive attitude
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a customer service orientation
- Ability to follow-through timely on pending matters
- Willingness to learn
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to [email protected]; subject “APCLERK-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas. CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.