The Program Development Officer at Cultural Vistas facilitates new program development and program operations of programs through proposal writing and grants management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Development -
- Evaluates Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to determine feasibility, compliance with visa regulations, and internal Cultural Vistas policies
- Researches, identifies, and establishes other sources of grant and program funding opportunities
- Manages the coordination and compilation of grant applications for submission including generating high-quality proposals with minimal guidance, compliant with fund-specific guidelines
- Program Management -
- Ensures that programs provide robust and meaningful training and/or learning opportunities in line with the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Manages full program cycle and synthesizes program policies and expectations as well as effectively communicates them to all stakeholders
- Monitors program deadlines and reporting requirements
- Prioritizes tasks, problem-solves and multi-tasks in a time sensitive, client-focused work environment
- Solicits regular feedback from internal and external stakeholders, as pertaining to Program Development projects and programs
- Budgets management and tracking of expenses including compiling required financial reporting
- Works closely with other departments at Cultural Vistas to complete projects and programs (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, IT, Communications, Marketing & Creative Services)
- Client Relationship Management -
- Maintains regular communication with program partners, host companies, participants and Cultural Vistas partners to ensure meaningful opportunities and a seamless process
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with current and potential partners for new program opportunities
- Educates clients and participants on the purposes of the programs, visa regulations, and Cultural Vistas partnership procedures
- Ensures smooth administration of programs and projects, as well as, clear messaging to internal and external clients
- Ensures high quality and consistent customer service to all parties
- Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of best practices in program administration, visa regulations (as necessary), application requirements and Cultural Vistas policies
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Supports ongoing communication to all appropriate staff as it pertains to initiatives and new and existing business
- Takes a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within department
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
- Demonstrated ability to write grant and other program proposals; strong writing skills; must be able to generate proposals, reports, and program narratives with minimal editing and oversight
- Fluency in Spanish required (writing, speaking, reading and editing)
- Strong understanding of program management, project implementation and working within the constraints of a budget
- Strong leadership qualities, proactive and collaborative with the ability to serve as an effective role-model
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, remain organized, and make decisions in a fast- paced, deadline sensitive environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity by creating focus and direction for oneself
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight while providing guidance and support to others
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, with supervisors, colleagues, external stakeholders and people of all backgrounds
- Honest, direct and transparent communication regardless of the message
- Ability to seek and use input from peers when necessary before making decisions
- Ability to lead groups of participants domestically and abroad with confidence
- Commitment to professionalism and professional development
- Ability to comfortably and confidently represent Cultural Vistas i.e. public speaking
- High level of concern for providing exceptional customer service
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products. CRM experience and proficiency a plus (Salesforce). Familiarity with other online project management platforms (i.e. Basecamp) a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of previous grant writing experience; and 3-4 years of program management experience including administrative, customer service, client relations management, or program management experience in a cultural exchange, educational, or international relations environment.
- Previous experience living, working, or studying abroad required.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel is required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please click here to apply.