We are looking for an exceptional, versatile candidate to manage the delivery of multiple projects supporting the communications, marketing and fundraising needs of the organisation across all channels and audiences. We have a fantastic, highly engaged support base in need of development.
This is an exciting career opportunity to get involved at a time where the organisation is getting ready for significant growth and impact around the world.
Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust’s (HART) was set up by Baroness Caroline Cox fourteen years ago with the mandate to undertake advocacy and provide aid to those who are, or who have recently been, suffering oppression and persecution in various countries across the world. We work with those whose are neglected by major aid organisations, and who are often out of the sight of the worldwide media.
HART has been in operation for over twelve years and has established a wide support base involving Churches, schools, universities, individuals, governmental bodies and trusts in the UK and abroad.
The aid programme includes projects in Burma, East Timor, Nagorno-Karabakh, northern Nigeria, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria and Uganda.
- You will be responsible for implementing strategies and plans that both drive maximum value from our existing support base and drive its expansion to achieve our fundraising targets.
- You will deliver the Communications & Fundraising strategy and work closely with the CEO focusing on supporter acquisition, development and retention. Your interventions will yield maximised income from existing income streams but also build new income streams to help achieve the fundraising targets.
- You will be responsible for promoting specific targeted awareness campaigns, such as the HART Human Prize in schools and universities, in order to widen the support base and involve younger generations.
- You will be responsible for all individual giving interventions including the production of print materials such as regular newsletters as well as digital communications.
- You will get involved with fundraising appeals and direct debit conversion, direct mail and digital marketing including content generation and copywriting.
- You will be liaising with suppliers/agencies and providing data selections and the analysis of giving campaign performances.
- You will provide Parliamentary briefings and support to our advocacy initiatives, including constructing campaigns, liaising with the media and strengthening our advocacy messaging.
- You will ensure communications activities have fully worked up marketing plans and the production remains cost effective and on schedule.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
We are looking for a versatile candidate to manage the delivery of multiple projects supporting the communications, marketing and fundraising needs of the organisation across all channels and audiences. You will have experience in running supporter development programmes and creating supporter journeys. You are knowledgeable in marketing communications and can work across platforms: print and online. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the creative process and outstanding copywriting skills, an ability to work under pressure and on his/her own initiative. You will have excellent attention to detail and be looking for that next step in your career!
In order to apply you should have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience across communications, marketing and fundraising disciplines
- Experience in strategic planning and budget setting
- Event planning and coordination
- Experience in building successful relationships with key supporters, stakeholders and trustees
- Experience in writing persuasive, well-targeted copy for print and online communications channels
- Proven track record in generating income against targets
- Proficiency in the use of Fundraising/CRM software, databases, spreadsheets
- Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant field. A qualification in Marketing, Communications, Fundraising or PR is an advantage.
Significant experience of communications and fundraising disciplines with a proven track record within a UK based corporate entity, ideally a “not for profit organisation”.
- Understanding of HART’s vision, mission, and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the INGO sector with knowledge of communications, marketing and fundraising
- High level of energy and enthusiasm; a can-do attitude and drive to see commitments and projects through
- Entrepreneurial minded, creative and innovative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to present information and express ideas confidently
- Able to develop good working relationships with our partners globally
- Strong networking skills to proactively develop relationships with other organisations, press and media contacts, and policy makers
- Excellent writing skills and a creative eye to prepare communications materials, including HART’s Annual Report, quarterly newsletters, donor materials, press releases, Parliamentary briefings etc.
- Good presentation skills
- Experience and skills in using computer software, publishing packages, and web-design
- Able to proactively seek out opportunities, identify campaigning opportunities and develop creative ideas under own initiative
- Able to think strategically and manage a varied workload. Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Able to oversee a growing intern and volunteer programme
- Able to work effectively and flexibly as part of a small team
- Willingness to share the administrative tasks associated with running a small organisation
- Experience of holding financial responsibility, setting and managing budgets
- Knowledge of humanitarian aid and advocacy issues
- Knowledge of running fundraising campaigns and programmes
- Relevant experience in politics, the media and the NGO sector
- Knowledge of effective digital campaigning techniques
- Experience in running events
- Experience in supporting advocacy campaigns for small organisations
- Have the right to reside and the right to work in the UK.
- Be supportive of HART’s Christian ethos and values.
- Thrive on our aspiration to grow HART significantly over the next few years.
We are really looking forward to reading your applications. Please visit our website to download the application form.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org