Are you looking for a new challenge in an established organisation at the heart of world affairs? Although broadly an editorial role, for the right candidate, this role can also offer an opportunity to directly manage our growing Instagram audience and/or work on shooting/editing video clips from our events schedule and interviews with leading figures in world politics.
This is a dynamic role for someone with impeccable organizational and interpersonal skills who can meet multiple priorities simultaneously. You will be proactive, dedicated, flexible, and at ease with meeting tight deadlines. You will also be a self-starter, capable, and keen to form an integral part of a diverse team.
Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is a world-renowned independent policy institute and dynamic membership organization with some 3,400 individual members. Based in London, our mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
We are an equal-opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Head, Digital Content
Staff Responsible for:
- Organize, edit and proof digital content, maintaining high editorial standards and ensuring content adheres to style guidelines.
- Work with Communications and Publishing Department colleagues to plan and commission content and outreach ideas, edit and provide quality control.
- Work with research teams to best showcase priority work on digital channels, including developing interactives and new digital outputs.
- Ensure appropriate selection of imagery for digital content, including picture research and editing as necessary.
- Manage one (or more) key social media profile(s), creating content, planning, predicting trends, and engaging with users and potential influencers.
- Work with others in the digital teams to produce content tailored for individual social platforms, as well as explore opportunities for further outreach and increased engagement.
- Support multimedia output, such as editing clips for social media output, carrying out interviews, or providing interview questions and ideas.
- Ensure delivery of coverage for priority Chatham House events as per the monthly event planner and manage booking of camera equipment.
- Support and provide cover as needed for the other Digital Editor roles and the Senior Digital Editor role.
- Work with the Head of Digital Content to support ongoing improvements in areas such as SEO, site structure, design and functionality.
- Ensure organizational priorities are reflected online, such as the website homepage, events schedule and developing website topic and project areas.
- Maintain and guide brand consistency online and provide support and guidance to other departments.
- Work with the Head of Digital Content to define, develop and implement content requirements in line with the institute’s digital strategy.
- Substantial experience of editing written digital content.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A demonstrated interest in and awareness of international affairs and politics.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work unsociable hours sometimes required.
- Experience of shooting video interviews and working with footage libraries.
- Experience in using video editing software, notably Adobe Premier Pro.
- Experience of directly managing a social media channel, especially Instagram.
- Experience of simple web publishing technologies, including knowledge of basic HTML code.
- Experience of using CMS systems (preferably Drupal).
- Photography training.
Salary: £30,000-£36,000 dependent on experience
Benefits include approximately 33 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and Chatham House closure days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance, staff canteen providing complimentary tea and coffee and lunch and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd December 2018 at 11:59pm
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org