Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (JRS/USA) accompanies, serves, and advocates for refugees and forcibly displaced persons. JRS works in more than 50 countries worldwide to meet the educational, health, psycho-social and emergency needs of nearly 750,000 refugees and other forcibly displaced persons regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
JRS/USA is seeking an experienced professional to join its Development Team as Development Officer, West Coast, reporting to the Director of Development. The successful candidate for this new position will be responsible for implementing JRS’s constant philanthropic presence in the western United States and managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects to support the overall major gifts fundraising goals of JRS/USA, including the Global Education Initiative Capital Campaign. He/she is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts, managing a portfolio of major gift prospects, and cultivating and stewarding relationships with current and prospective donors. This is a remote position, based in the western United States, with a strong preference for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Plays a leadership role in ensuring that JRS/USA meets overall fundraising goals for unrestricted and restricted support.
- Manages a personal portfolio of approximately 200 active prospects and donors, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Executes a comprehensive major gift program for unrestricted support and program-designated giving.
- Directs and supports the west coast fundraising efforts of the Executive Director, Director of Mission, International Director and other key JRS/USA representatives, including volunteer leaders.
- Conducts donor and prospect analysis, including review of wealth screening results.
- Collaborates with staff and volunteer leadership to identify and prioritize prospects.
- Reports regularly on the moves management progress of major donors and prospects and on progress toward monthly and annual objectives.
- Creates, inspires, and maintains donor loyalty, interest and enthusiasm through stewardship, communication and activities designed to express recognition, appreciation and impact of their gifts.
- Works closely with JRS/USA Programs team on management of donor funded projects to produce timely and appropriate proposals and reports for donors.
- Attends local, regional, and national JRS/USA-sponsored functions, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of seven years of Development, Advancement, or directly relatable experience, including demonstrable experience working with major donors and securing five and six figure gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to develop and cultivate positive relationships with colleagues, donors and prospective donors.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and advancement software. Salesforce Experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the Society of Jesus a plus
Please submit resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to Clare Bonsignore by December 31, 2018 with "Development Officer, West Coast" in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org