HyER is looking for a candidate for an EU policy, projects & communications intern position at the HyER Secretariat in Brussels, starting at the beginning of 2019 (date flexible).
HyER (Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Electro-mobility in European Regions) is a network of 16 cities and regions active in the field of fuel cells, hydrogen and electromobility. We assist our members in the development of their hydrogen and electro-mobility activitie by providing a platform for knowedge exchange and capacity building. The Secretariat, based in Brussels, coordinates the activities of the network and represents the association towards the EU institutions and other key stakeholders.
Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the organisation of events and meetings;
- Contribute to HyER’s tasks in EU-funded projects (deliverables, reporting...);
- Monitor EU policy developments and EU funding opportunities;
- Update HyER’s databases and help with HyER’s administrative tasks;
- Draft content for HyER’s communications channels (social media, website, newsletter);
- Participate in conferences, events and workshops related to HyER’s activities;
- Engaging with HyER members and other partners;
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Insight into the large variety of daily tasks of a European association;
- Insight into EU policy, project development and project management;
- A flexible work environement;
- Good networking opportunities;
- Remuneration of €500 per month - it is expected that the intern will be able to apply for grants to complete the remuneration;
- An internship contract for a minimum of 5 months (flexible) - full time position (38h/week).
- University student in a related field (EU studies, international relations, communications, energy, transport...). Only students with mandatory internships to complete will be considered;
- Knowledge of EU institutions. Interest in, and understanding of, EU policies in the fields of transport and energy is desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Additional languages are an advantage;
- Computer literacy & knowledge of social media. Knowledge of WordPress is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
Please send your CV and cover letter before the 4th December 2018, mentionning ‘HyER internship’ in the subject of your email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org