Reports To: Zachary Thomas Tarrant, Program Coordinator, Strategic Convening
GMF‘s Strategic Convening team in Washington DC seeks Interns to work on the administrative and logistical coordination of organization-wide convening and events. The interns will work closely with GMF staff to provide event assistance and research and logistical and administrative support as needed and irrespective of program.
Intern’s work will also focus on the design and implementation of Brussels Forum of GMF’s Brussels Forum, an annual event held in Brussels, Belgium. The conference brings together nearly 400 high-level international participants from the world of politics, business, media and ideas to engage in discussion and debate over the issues and opportunities shared throughout the transatlantic community.
The intern will work subsantially with the GMF database and will train with our database team The Strategic Convening intern can also benefit from the Washington foreign policy environment and attend various foreign policy-related events.
The internship is unpaid, but offers an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in foreign policy.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintaining contact database.
- Assisting GMF staff with events implementation.
- Preparing briefing materials, program templates and newsletters.
- Assisting with scheduling
- Assisting with research and analysis
- Assisting in research and analysis related to Brussels Forum themes and topics.
- Conducting research on speakers and participants
- Contributing insight into agenda design, session formats and speaker suggestions
- Acting as an internal point of contact for GMF staff
- Coordinating external communications with Brussels Forum participants/speakers
- Maintaining and updating the registration database system
- Assisting with the Brussels Forum website
- Assisting with other administrative and logistical duties as assigned
- Fluency in English. Second language skills in French, Dutch (Flemish,) German or a third European language desired, but not required.
- Strong interest in transatlantic policy issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is essential.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS, Drupal or WordPress a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Audition, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator a plus but not required.
- Flexibility to multi-task, have an eye for detail, ability to perform under tight deadlines and work independently and responsibly.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Experience in event management is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong attention to detail organized, committed and responsible.
Start and Length of the Internship:
Preferred start date: January 16th — Preferred length of internship: 6 months w/ option of renewal
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org