Founded in 1986 as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Volunteer English Program (VEP) connects volunteers with adult English language learners to provide one-to-one tutoring and cultural enrichment that empowers immigrants to be successful.
Summary and Purpose: To diversify and maintain consistent funding streams, mainly via grant writing, which directly impacts the ability to deliver all program services. This includes proposals to public and private foundations, corporate sponsorships, and individual donors. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research new and existing opportunities for funding support and create the annual development matrix in collaboration with the Executive Director. Follow and promote high standards of ethical practice in the field of grant writing and development. Write and submit targeted proposals, cases for support, and individualized presentations.
- Cultivate donor and funder relationships in order to maximize potential for successful funding. Attend community networking events to develop partnerships as needed.
- Maintain an accurate schedule and deadlines for grant proposals and reports, and track and update supporting documents using GrantHub software.
- Utilize VEP’s constituent management system (CiviCRM) for gleaning statistics for measurement, evaluation and analysis.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare and execute company events, such as the annual summit, tutor trainings, and professional development workshops.
- Actively support VEP social media including Facebook, Twitter, and blogs to recognize key funding sources.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, International Relations, Social Services, Adult Continuing Education, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Certification in fundraising (CFRE) a plus.
- ELL experience, TESOL and/or Teacher certification a plus.
- Experience in constituent relational database, CiviCRM or similar program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and GrantHub or similar program.
- Must have dependable personal transportation.
- Excellent writing, communications and research skills. Ability to compose clear and compelling funding requests.
- Self motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work as needed, handle multiple ongoing assignments and meet deadlines.
This position requires a strong ability to:
- plan, direct and manage tasks with a high level of autonomy
- conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
- follow up with all communications in a timely manner
- Interact with all individuals with courtesy and respect and in accordance with the organization’s non-discrimination policy and practice
This is a part time, permanent position. VEP is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org