Under the supervision of the Director of Communications & Marketing, the Digital & Social Media Associate will develop and drive overall digital and social media strategy and implementation that reaches targeted audiences and presents Meridian’s mission and work in a cohesive and compelling way. This role is primarily responsible for setting strategies for each distribution channel, creating and maintaining social media editorial calendars, generating and publishing daily content and coordinating digital media needs organization wide.
- Develop and drive overall digital and social media strategy and implementation that reaches targeted audiences and presents Meridian’s mission and work in a cohesive and compelling way
- Set and execute strategy for each distribution channel (with a primary focus on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Email)
- Create and maintain social media editorial calendars
- Create, edit and share daily content (original text, images, video and HTML) across social media platforms
- Manage website content by writing, editing and posting while coordinating with colleagues organization-wide to provide content relevant to Meridian’s various departments, councils, programs and initiatives
- Provide colleagues with training, tools and resources to empower them to contribute to and engage with Meridian’s digital media activity
- Build a strong influencer list and identify ways to leverage their expertise and networks to engage the wider Meridian community and spur ongoing conversations relevant to our work and stakeholders
- Experiment with fundraising tactics, including video, live-streaming, GIFs, audio, and other multi-media storytelling across platforms
- Attend and cover live programs and events through all appropriate social media channels
- Assist in ideation, execution and production of infographics, videos and other content formats in coordination with the Creative Director
- Assist with setting objectives and KPIs for audience growth; use Google Analytics and other social media metrics to prepare weekly reports and present progress in reaching defined social media goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media or related fields
- 2+ years of full-time digital experience with an emphasis on social media in a non-profit, association, political campaign or small-to-medium sized company
- Experience with website maintenance, writing and editing; developing and maintaining a social media calendar and strategic content distribution; multimedia and digital production; and creative/graphic design for digital campaigns preferred or required
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of digital and social media and successful social media campaign development and execution on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Display in-depth working knowledge of social media platforms and their respective communities, strengths, and optimal deployment strategies
- Excellent story teller with the ability to curate, create, edit and publish written and visual content, including basic videography and photography, for all social media and digital platforms in a timely way with viral potential
- Strong English writing and editing skills and detail-oriented proof reader, with ability to tailor content for social media, website, blog, email newsletter, email marketing, etc.
- Possess both analytical and creative skills in marketing, communications, and social media, with ability to translate data into action plans to elevate digital engagement
- Maintain working knowledge of basic HTML and WordPress, CMS systems (Salesforce and Meltwater preferred) and e-marketing platforms, SEO (SEM, CRO and PPC a plus), Google Analytics and other audience and social analytics tools, Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign and Illustrator), and videography and digital photography (beyond mobile)
- Self-starter and team-oriented having the ability to work independently with overall strategic direction
- Strong planning and project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and ability to deliver fast turnaround on deadline
- Broad understanding and interest in foreign and domestic policy issues driving the news; understanding of the Washington influencer and social landscape
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
· Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
· Familiarity with Spanish and other foreign languages is a plus
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA non-exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org