The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Private Partnerships Division. The position will be based at our Liaison Office in London,United Kingdom, and will be for a period of 6 months starting from the 11 February 2019.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
To learn more about how WFP contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals and what the Zero Hunger Challenge means for WFP, watch this Video.
WFP partners with companies, corporate foundations and private foundations to help reach the goal of Zero Hunger. Partners typically provide funding and expertise to solve pressing challenges that stand in the way of achieving Zero Hunger. The selected candidate will be assisting the Private Partnerships Division in implementing WFP’s partnership strategy with the following key duties:
- Draft proposals, presentations, communication pieces and impact reports for French and English speaking partners and prospects;
- Map and research selected companies/foundations/social enterprises in the fields of food security and resilience building;
- Help set up and coordinate short-term employee secondments in WFP country offices;
- Produce summaries / case studies on existing public private partnerships;
- Monitor media and manage the team’s weekly updates;
- Support account management tasks upon request, i.e. organize high-level meetings, field trips, etc.
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
- Currently enrolled with at least two years of undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated in the last six months with a degree in Business or International Relations;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook;
- Fully fluent in English is essential. Fluency in French is desirable;
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
Good to have
- Experience as an intern in a management/strategy consultancy or the marketing/ sustainability department of a company;
- Knowledge of the social enterprise world and public-private partnership building.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Closing date: 06 December 2018
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org