HRF is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that promotes and protects human rights globally, with a focus on closed societies and authoritarian regimes. We focus on over 90 countries where individual freedoms and liberties are most at risk, and where democracies are non-existent or fraudulent. Our work includes effective campaigns to free political prisoners, international events such as the Oslo Freedom Forum, the education of U.S. students on the value and fragility of individual rights and democracy, and programs such as Flash Drives for Freedom that publicize human rights violators and directly support dissidents and human rights defenders at risk.
Overview of the position
The Vice President of Events will oversee and coordinate all aspects of HRF events, both internationally and within the United States, and will build an in-house team. This position will be responsible for overseeing, planning, producing, and executing HRF events, including the Oslo Freedom Forum flagship event in Norway, OFF Global Expansion events in Taiwan, South Africa, and Mexico, the College Freedom Forum series, and other program events.
- Develop and promote high-profile and high-impact events that support the core mission and brand of HRF
- Build and manage event-specific budgets
- Cultivate external relationships and represent the mission and goals of HRF in various venues and corporate/business/organizational settings at the national and international levels
- Oversee vendor and contractor relationships for all events
- Work collaboratively with HRF leadership team to reflect HRF’s mission in all events
- Build and lead the events team, including event directors and in-house production staff
- Negotiate and manage contracts with partners, vendors, and talent
- Implement evaluation tools to assess performance results, post-event feedback, and produce performance reports and recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to HRF’s culture, as an organization that is principled, collaborative, intellectual, and fun, but also extremely committed to the mission of human rights and democracy around the world
- 10+ years of leadership experience overseeing the development and execution of events of 250 to 1,000 people
- Possess a deep understanding of the logistical and production elements that make an exceptional event
- Experience in building teams and facilitating communication amongst departments
- Experience working with budgets of multiple levels, from $300,000 to $2,000,000
- Knowledge of the most effective and updated event technologies and platforms, and ability to incorporate these systems into event production
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts with sponsors, partners, vendors and talent
- Track record of building and leading high-performing events teams that meet and exceed events expectations
- A highly collaborative style, with a keen ability to influence and build on the ideas of others
- Eye for detail and attention to delivering high-quality, error-free deliverables
- The ability to travel, both nationally and internationally, on a regular basis
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call as necessary
- Ability to speak and understand other languages is a plus — Spanish, Mandarin, or Norwegian preferred
HRF offers a competitive salary and benefits package including fully covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Please email your resume, events portfolio, and cover letter, using “Vice President of Events- Application” as the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org