The role of the Policy and Network Development Internship is to support and learn from the work of our experienced multinational team of professionals skilled in health promotion practice, research, communication, and policy analysis and monitoring. The intern will contribute to development and dissemination of content for the Policy Platform, as well as implementation of other tasks critical to EuroHealthNet’s core operations.
Internship tasks and activities
- Contribute to health and social policy monitoring, background research and policy content development;
- Update topical stakeholder mapping;
- Contribute to monitoring political priorities with a focus on public health in advance of the 2019 European elections;
- Contribute to re-organisation of policy evidence-base collection system;
- Assist with responses to consultations and in producing factsheets for a varied audience;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the membership development plan;
- Assist with the maintenance and documenting of membership outreach activities;
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of marketing and communication activities;
- Contribute to cross-cutting work programme elements: as part of a team, you will actively work on internal and external communications, administration, and events organisation.
- You are educated to a master’s degree level in a relevant field;
- You should be interested in and have some understanding of health, public health, social policies or health inequalities;
- You have knowledge of the EU institutions;
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- You have an ability to listen to, understand and communicate detailed and complex subjects;
- You have a proactive mind-set, willing to take the initiative, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- You are able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously to meet rapidly changing projects and priorities.
This internship is offered full-time for six months. It will be offered according to Belgian national legislation.
The Policy and Network Development Intern will report, depending on the task, directly to EuroHealthNet’s Policy Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, or Senior Coordinator. All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium. We are unfortunately unable to provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels/Belgium.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org