Deadline to Apply: Monday, March 4, 2019
In Washington, there are seven programs at the McCain Institute which interns support and assist:
- The International Rule of Law & Security program has two components: academic and operational. The academic component instructs students on the development of rule of law and good governance in transitional and post-conflict states while the operational component is a focal point for securing and implementing development projects in the areas of rule of law and governance.
- The Next Generation Leaders program is designed to identify, train, network and empower a group of emerging, character-driven leaders.
- The Human Trafficking program educates, raises awareness and implements innovative, action-based solutions to end modern slavery.
- The Human Rights and Democracy program is dedicated to advancing human rights, dignity, democracy and freedom in the United States and around the world.
- The Communications and Events program plays a critical role in creating and shaping the Institute’s communications and social media strategy and aids in execution of Institute events.
- The Finance and Operations team administer the Institute’s daily business responsibilities while overseeing the financial management of the organization.
- The Counterterrorism & National Security program strives to deliver tangible change in the environment that feeds global extremism and develop relationships with international partners who share our commitment to countering terrorism with all of the tools at our disposal.
- Research various issues such as human rights and democracy; ethics, values, and leadership readings to supplement the NGL curriculum development; human trafficking; and international rule of law, good governance, transitional justice, and other relevant topics;
- Attend meetings and talks and provide written summaries;
- Represent the Institute at events, conferences and seminars to learn about ongoing work done in relevant areas;
- Track media sources for relevant stories that will be sent out via the Institute’s various social media platforms, including daily Twitter posts;
- Support event planning and execution;
- Assist with domestic and international reimbursements;
- Contribute to the production of monthly financial reports, analysis and distribution; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Responsible, mature, professional, motivated, and adaptable;
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment; be a self-starter;
- Must be highly organized, able to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work well in team-oriented environment;
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail;
- Previous experience using social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc.;
- Comfortable interacting with high-level professionals and officials regularly; and
- Other duties as assigned, including general office support and administration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org