Sustainable Criminal Justice Solutions (SCJS) is a not for profit organisation supporting the development of criminal justice processes worldwide.
SCJS is welcoming applicants to apply to become a Project Officer (Media and Communications) for the ‘Sound Management of Chemicals and their Associated Wastes in Southeast Asia’ (SEACHEM) Project at its offices in Brussels, Belgium. This full-time position will be responsible for all project administration and technical issues, including organisation of meetings, missions and management of the website and social media concerning the project.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The SEACHEM Project commenced in 2017 with the objective to enhance chemical safety and security in the South-East Asia region. In particular, the project has the following objectives;
- Judicial reinforcement with respect to sound management of chemicals and their wastes;
- Enhanced capacity for prevention of chemical incidents;
- Enhanced capacity for the regions' portable detection possibilities and chemical testing laboratories;
- Enhanced regional preparedness and response capacity to chemical incidents;
- Enhanced national and regional recovery capacities after a chemical incident (including recovery after historical incidents);
- Further details relating to this project can be located at www.cbrn-project61.com.
SCOPE OF THE WORK
Working as part of the project team, the Media and Communications Officer’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development of a general communications strategy, and support for its delivery;
- Assisting with research, communication and visibility materials;
- Raising awareness of the SEACHEM project and promoting collaboration between stakeholders;
- Design and management of online communication platforms such as the project website, social media channels and business networking feeds;
- Providing expert advice and support to all stakeholders on marketing and communication;
- Maintaining professional relationships across all key partners;
- Administrative support to ensure implementation and delivery of project activities;
- Organisation of meetings and events in Brussels and overseas;
- Support travel planning for all project activity;
- Logistical support for in country missions;
- Minute taking, drafting reports and briefings;
- Budget monitoring and reporting;
- Supporting the Programme Manager as required.
- University degree or equivalent education;
- Fluency in oral and written English and French;
- Excellent organisation skills, demonstrable with relevant experience;
- Excellent communications skills;
- IT literate with proficient use of MS Office applications;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience;
- Project management experience;
- Ability to produce professional written reports.
- Experience of EU-funded programmes, including a good knowledge of procedures and reporting requirements pertaining to various types of EU external assistance programmes;
- Experience of working with one or more of the South-East Asian countries covered by the SEACHEM Project (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam);
- Experience in the development of a communications strategy;
- Experience in the design and management of internet based communication platforms.
This is a full-time position based in Brussels which will commence in early 2019. Fixed-term consultancy contract for 20 months at a daily rate of circa €200.00. depending on experience. Equivalent of 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays.
SCJS is an equal opportunities employer and prospective candidates are requested to provide a CV, a covering letter and a statement in no more than 400 words, describing their communication and organisation skills.
All communications are to be conducted in English and submitted electronically to [email protected], clearly marked in the subject field ‘P61 SEACHEM Media & Communications Officer’. The deadline for submission of these documents is 23:59 (UK time) on the 9th December 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be notified of interview and this will be communicated by the 21st December 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org