Program Officer II will work in close collaboration with the West and Central Africa (WCA) Regional Director (RD) and WCA Regional Program Manager to support the country teams. This includes ensuring that good project management practices and tools are being used to stay on scope, schedule, budget in the region and for the country supported; providing support to country and region as requested/needed by the country directors. The Program Officer II will also support quality improvement and assurance initiatives in the region and support countries in the region to win new business.
LEADS & PROPOSALS:
- Serve as program lead for new proposal development (NPD) in countries that PO II supports. This includes providing budget inputs and conduct budget reviews for proposals, development management plan;
- Proposal writer on smaller bid;
- Support country on leads development including:
- Meetings with donors;
- Linking CD to NPD liaison;
- Support NPD country plans;
- Drafting concept notes.
- Lead Project management trainings and develop Project Charters with team;
- Lead project management start-up workshops in countries;
- Conduct start-up after action reviews;
- Support country to develop quality workplan.
IMPLEMENTATION & CONTROL:
- Establish and run the routine monthly operations meetings;
- Monitor sub-award;
- Track and manage project management standards for projects in region;
- Review/troubleshoot workplans and budgets;
- Review and escalate quality concerns in region (technical, project management, financial management, compliance);
- Support regional communication needs;
- Ensure knowledge management is maintained for all projects.
- Manage close out process according to internal processes and donor guidelines;
- Conduct After Action Reviews for closed out projects.
- Present at all-staff meetings;
- Respond to GECO needs;
- Mentor SPC;
- Update Leadership Team reports on country projects;
- Ensure teams are complying with [email protected] (Jhpiego’s internal project management curricula requirements;
- Mentor countries on [email protected] tools;
- Additional assignments as assigned.
- Fluent French language skills
- MPH or equivalent (or 2 years additional experience can supplant MPH)
- Certified in [email protected] (Jhpiego’s internal project management curricula) or PMD Pro (or will be within 60 days of hire)
- 5 years’ experience at PO level;
- Proven experience successfully managing small or medium public health projects by at least 2 different types of donors, including one USG donor including:
- High quality reports submitted on time to donors;
- Provide budget inputs and review budgets;
- Expenses routinely tracked and countries supported to stay within budget;
- Experience successfully leading activities across almost all project phases (e.g., may have done close-out but not start-up).
- Proven experience successfully supporting NPD including:
- Served as program lead on at least 2 proposals – including budget inputs;
- Successfully served as proposal writer on at least 2 smaller proposals.
- Knowledge USG rules and regulations;
- Contractual financial management experience preferred;
- Strong understanding of at least 3 technical areas Jhpiego works in;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Very good writing skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with diverse groups;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong communication skills: developing communication products (success stories, FB posts, briefs, PowerPoint presentations);
- Office 365;
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org