- Oversee media/press strategy; management of press release writing and press outreach; and ongoing press list development and long-term coordination/relationship building with members of the media;
- Research, create content, and manage the WECAN social media accounts (directly, and via the training/oversight of social media volunteers). This includes Facebook and Twitter (current), and launching of Instagram (future);
- Coordinate and contribute to content writing and editing of articles, blog and other storytelling efforts along with WECAN Executive Director and other team members;
- Coordinate content writing and lead-out technical management/updating of the WECAN website;
- Maintain and update WECAN newsletter email database - and lead-out newsletter writing, technical management, and editing/finalization of content by other team members;
- Manage WECAN general ‘info’ email account and provide timely responses to general email inquiries from the public;
- Flexibly support various WECAN programs with communications, media, and outreach needs;
- Maintain organizational partnership lists, and build-out long term trajectory of partner/ally relationship - including coordination of communications, updates, and strategic expansion of partnership connections;
- Provide on-the-ground support at WECAN International events (candidate must be available for an average of 2-3 weeks of work travel per year);
- Manage photo documentation and archiving of documentation for all WECAN events and actions;
- Manage WECAN video filming, planning, production, and editing directly and/or through oversight of volunteers and contributing filmmakers.
- U.S. based;
- Completed Associates or Bachelors degree;
- Significant previous work experience with a non-profit, NGO, campaign, or community organization;
- Professional communications background, superb writing and editing skills, and an enjoyment and ease in quick turn around with writing efforts;
- Strong digital literacy and confidence in managing platforms including social media accounts, Constant Contact, Canva, Zoom, Wordpress, blog pages, etc.;
- Highly self-motivated and happy working independently with a remote team;
- Enjoyment and ease with working collaboratively;
- Excellent organization and attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once, and comfort with management-level responsibility;
- Developed background in the current climate justice/environmental landscape and significant knowledge and experience with many of the topics and campaigns central to WECAN’s work, including: environmental and climate justice, women’s rights, rights of nature, Indigenous rights, environmental racism, fossil fuel resistance, forest protection, just transition and divestment, false-solutions critiques, non-violent direct action, community organizing, political advocacy, and violence against land defenders;
- Willingness to dedicate personal time to expanding understanding of critical climate justice themes and the WECAN frameworks and focus areas.
- Professional level Spanish competency;
- Video filming, editing and production skills;
- Previous work experience with a climate justice, women’s rights, Indigenous rights, or human rights focused organization;
- Demonstrated personal committment to living life as a 'woman for climate justice’ and care for the Earth.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as we will close the process as soon as we find a match.
Please send your cover letter and resume (including reference contact).
We suggest candidates carefully review our website, newsletters, and Facebook account to ensure alignment before applying.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org