- The WaSH Program Manager pilots the WaSH activities in Al Anad base and kick off the activities in Al Turbah base, ensuring the quality and relevance of SI’s WaSH programs;
- He/she recruits the program team and ensure its capacity-building;
- He/she provides support and advice to the logistics for the purchase of materials specific to its program activities;
- In collaboration with the administrative department, he/she contributes to the development of program budgets, budget follow up and proposal budgets concerning program activities and related human resources;
- He/she shares with the Humanitarian Access Officer any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety.
Education and experience:
- Diploma in hydraulic and/or water sciences/Technician degree/Bioforce profile;
- 2 years’ experience as WaSH Program Manager or related position;
- Previous experience in unstable environment (conflict/post conflict country);
- Experience in working in tense security context with strict security rules;
- Experience in team management;
- Experience in remote/semi-remote management;
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building of staff.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Knowledge of project cycle management, and project reporting;
- Knowledge of delivering WaSH services in emergency context;
- Knowledge in hydraulic and sanitation engineering;
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required;
- Arabic and/or French speaking is an asset.
- Good analytical and writing/editing skills;
- Good communication and diplomatic skills;
- Good organization skill;
- Capacity to work under pressure in a tense security environment;
- Good pedagogical skills;
- Knowledge and experience of the Yemen or Middle-eastern countries appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated;
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities;
- Great work and stress management capacities;
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org