The OECD is a global economic forum working with 36 member countries and more than 100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
The Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century (PARIS21 – www.paris21.org) is a unique partnership hosted in the Statistics and Data Directorate (SDD) of the OECD involving national, regional and international statisticians, policy makers, development professionals and other producers and users of statistics. PARIS21’s goal is to promote, influence and facilitate statistical capacity development and the better use of statistics. PARIS21 is a dynamic and international team of about 20 staff based in Paris.
PARIS21 is looking for an experienced Communications Manager with drive and creativity to communicate PARIS21’s achievements, raise awareness of its work, spearhead fundraising activities and deliver a broad range of communications messages. PARIS21 is a far-reaching partnership and 2019 marks its 20th anniversary, which coincides with a new and exciting period of development. She/he will lead and oversee all communications with a strategic outlook, and to further develop the PARIS21 brand in co-ordination with the Communications Manager of SDD.
This position is open to nationals of OECD member countries and nationals of countries eligible to receive Official Development Assistance (ODA), as set out by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC List of ODA recipients).
In this role you will:
- Manage, innovate and implement end-to-end campaign strategies and outreach plans to raise the profile of PARIS21 and promote its key priority themes and issues.
- Develop strong visual identities for our projects and materials.
- Oversee all published physical and digital materials, and manage our online/social media presence.
- Maintain and further develop the PARIS21 website, and contribute to the design of its specifications.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholder groups, and expand the PARIS21 network.
- Manage the communications budget and expenditure within PARIS21’s programme of work.
- Drive PARIS21’s fundraising efforts.
- Establish, implement and monitor criteria for results management and evaluate the impact of the different PARIS21 activities.
- Manage the production processes of PARIS21 publications, in particular the Partner Report on Support to Statistics (PRESS) and the Annual Board documents.
- An advanced university degree in a relevant field such as communications, media or international relations.
- Solid experience in communications, devising campaign strategies and fund-raising, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience working on communications for large events.
- Experience of results management and or monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the success of communications campaigns and of PARIS21 work.
- Experience in commissioning and adapting content to make it accessible to a broad range of target audiences.
- Experience of website management
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Ability to innovate, bring new ideas and creative approaches.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear and engaging content.
- Excellent IT skills, including web tools and platforms, web 2.0, and other internet technologies. Familiarity with Drupal would be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of desktop design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) would be a definite advantage.
- Experience with IT collaborative platforms (e.g. e-share) would be an advantage.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Drafting skills, Flexible thinking, Teamwork, Diplomatic sensitivity, Strategic networking.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Twelve-month fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org