The Regulatory & Public Affairs practice of our Brussels office is looking to recruit an intern for a six-month contract, beginning in early 2019.
- Your role will be to monitor and analyse intelligence on EU regulatory and policy developments that affect our clients’ business, with a strong focus on EU Technology, Communications and Media regulation;
- You will assist our Regulatory & Public Affairs team in day to day assignments, including the opportunity to research on a variety of issues and contribute to client pitches, briefing documents and newsletters;
- You will be actively involved in marketing and business development initiatives such as client seminars, alerts, communications and social media;
- You will build your skills, develop your knowledge from our legal and policy experts, as well as receive their feedback on your work;
- As an intern at Bird & Bird, you will be given accountability to carry out substantial work on behalf of exciting, international clients.
- You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the friendly and vibrant culture that makes Bird & Bird, and our people, so unique.
- A thorough understanding of EU Regulatory & Public Affairs, with previous experience as an assistant to a Member of Parliament, an internship at the European Commission, or at a European trade association;
- A relevant university degree, such as a master in law, in economy, or international relations;
- Ability to build a network with contacts in the EU institutions and industry stakeholders;
- An excellent command of English and at least one other language, both orally and in writing;
- Committed to delivering high-quality work, with strong analytical and research skills;
- A good team player, eager to learn, fitting in well with our open, entrepreneurial culture.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org