Position: Research Assistant, International Resource Unit
Employer: Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Department: International Programs
Hours: 40 hours per week
Potential Start Date: February 2018
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Assistant for the International Research Unit. As a member of the Unit, the Research Assistant will work as part of team providing technical support to DC-based and in-country staff, grantees, and other advocates working to achieve tobacco control policy change and strong implementation in low- and middle-income countries.
- Conduct searches on topics related to tobacco control policy, including research, state-of-play, and emerging issues, and also secondary sources in areas of interest.
- Translate findings from reports and other documents into presentations, fact sheets, and other materials for dissemination and/or posting on the Campaign’s website.
- Assist in responding to rapid research requests for facts and research documents from staff and partners.
- Maintain electronic records of research articles, fact sheet files and contact lists for the international research team.
- Assist with general office duties and administrative tasks as well as creating spreadsheets proofreading materials and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with writing advocacy letters to policymakers.
- Assist with organizing workshops and other events hosted by the Research team, other Campaign teams (e.g., country teams), or key partners.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Familiarity with conducting literature searches, including Internet searching.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofing with attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think critically and take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented work environment
- Undergraduate degree and familiarity with research and/or health sciences terminology.
- Foreign language skills a plus
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (3-5 pages) to [email protected]. Please reference RAIR08 in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.