Counterpart International is seeking a Program Assistant to assist the Africa Team with the administrative management of their programs in this region, and especially contribute to meeting the program reporting requirements. This is a full-time position based in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the Africa portfolio Program Officer.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to headquarters and field office teams;
- Arrange and coordinate staff and consultant travel logistics;
- Liaise with relevant team members to arrange event logistics for global events, develop related budgets, and track costs;
- Compile briefing materials and assist in preparing and supporting staff and consultants traveling to the field as well as on-boarding of new staff;
- Draft and/or complete initial review of contracts (e.g. vendor agreements, consulting agreements, purchase orders, task orders, etc.) for completeness and compliance with internal policies;
- Process invoices, cash advance requests, and expense reports in a timely manner;
- Assist with updating, reviewing and tracking monthly project budgets and expenditure reports.
- Organize regular team meetings and conference calls, including the preparation of agendas and distribution of documents; record minutes and provide updated briefs on team, region, and partner-related developments.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for the program files;
- Support monitoring and evaluation tasks by reviewing and maintaining documentation in Counterpart’s Knowledge Management Portal;
- Proofread and edit internal and/or external documents and communications (e.g. contracts, fact sheets, quarterly reports, annual work plans, trip reports, donor success and impact stories, past performance reviews, etc.);
- Develops and maintains working relations within Counterpart (Communications, HR, Compliance, Finance, and other program divisions); and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, international development, or a related field plus a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience (including internships and volunteer experience in an office setting) in an administrative support role.
- Ability to think quickly and effectively to solve problems, handle multiple projects, determine priorities in dynamic professional setting;
- Must be able to work with little supervision, yet collaborate easily and effectively for a team effort;
- Ability to as proactively seek out information from diverse groups and data points;
- Collaborate as a strong team player to create new processes and resolve issues;
- Strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform under deadline pressure, ability to focus on details; and juggle multiple tasks;
- Fluency in English with strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience working with donor agencies (USAID, USDA, World Bank, etc.) or development organizations a plus;
- Fluency in a second language such as Arabic or French is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of political processes, governance and civic participation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org