The New Business Development and Programs Specialist will work to support the objectives of Land O’Lakes ID Plan for Growth. She/he will play an important role in managing various aspects of capture, proposal development and project implementation with an aim to prepare for and drive quality and competitive project designs and successful project execution. The NBD and Program Specialist will be based in either Washington, DC or Arden Hills, MN and is expected to travel 25-30% of the time.
Proposal Development, Customer and Partner Development and Strategy and Pipeline Development
Support Proposal Development
- Provide overall support including coordination using Land O’Lakes ID new business development proposal processes;
- Develop and track capture and proposal budgets, prepare monthly spending updates;
- Organize design session and participant logistics;
- Format and proivde light touch edits to proposal documents and coordinate delivery;
- Assist in developing scopes of work for agricultural assessments to inform project design, linking to and drawing upon technical expertise and strategies;
- Prepare scopes of work for information and data collection needs during project design;
- Schedule proposal team meetings, take notes, and keep proposal teams informed of progress and deadlines working with proposal leads;
- Take on team roles including writing, budgeting, economic modelling and analysis, sub-partner relationship building and negotiation, and compliance matrix reviews;
- Participate in project design sessions incorporating theory of change;
- Work closely with technical experts, provide relevant written content to technical proposal sections such as management and corporate capabilities;
- Work with technical team members to develop partnership strategies for consortium
- Incorporate gender analyses and leverage existing technical resources so that gender considerations are incorporated into project design.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in International Development, International Affairs, Business Administration or relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in professional work environment.
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in international development issues.
- Demonstrated leadership, ethics, and sound judgment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently, maintain maturity and patience, interpret and implement company policy, and adjust quickly to change in fast-paced, multicultural team environment.
- Very solid skills and experience with MS Office Products with the ability to learn additional software packages.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accurate recordkeeping.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners in multi-country and multi-language settings.
- Developing-country work or volunteer experience and proposal experience a plus.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in International Development, Agriculture, Economics or related field plus a combination of additional education and experience to total five years;
- Experience with USAID, USDA and/or Gates Foundation;
- Experience working on projects with an agriculture focus;
- Experience with grant writing
- French and/or Portuguese language skills;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org