HeForShe is seeking someone who is organized to work effectively, sees order in (seeming) chaos and prioritize accordingly, relishes the opportunity to work with colleagues from around the world, and has excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well in team settings and have strong prioritization skills.
The Programme Manager is a key member of HeForShe senior management, supporting the oversight and coordination of all functions. S/he develops and participates in major decisions to ensure delivery of UN Women’s goals and financial results. Our ideal candidate is expected to be a hands-on leader capable of handling operations and play an advisory role to the Senior Advisor from whom much of the day to day responsibilities of managing the HeForShe initiative will be transferred to this new Programme Manager role. S/he is responsible for maintaining and improving operational excellence and supports the analysis of results achieved during implementation and supports their documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Refine the HeForShe strategy and approach:
- Refine existing strategy and programmatic approach for advocacy and champion engagement taking a holistic view across the initiative, and setting out clear goals, timelines and deliverables for the programme that are aligned with the broader HeForShe initiative (including meeting cadence, team leadership, secretariat structure, and outputs);
- Prepare programme documents including business cases/strategies, briefing notes, programme plans and risk assessments as well as progress reports on projects under the Programme Manager’s purview.
Manage the implementation of HeForShe:
- Manage the day-to-date implementation of the UN Women programme, including developing, implementing and monitoring annual workplan
- Develop strategic partnerships and an engagement framework with key internal and external stakeholders including UN Agencies, UN country offices, Public and Private Institutions including Civil Society Organizations (CSOs);
- Coordinate communications and information flow to stakeholders;
- Manage partnerships, including operationalizing partnerships to advance and develop collaborative programmes;
- Work with regional and country office of UN Women to implement HeForShe Champion-funded projects and
- Ensure that HeForShe is effectively mainstreamed across UN Agencies; supporting the mobilization of one billion men and boys as advocates for gender equality;
- Finalize donor reports and other reports as needed.
Manage the Youth Engagement Strategy for HeForShe:
- Design, develop and implement an innovative HeForShe youth strategy and University championship programme to enhance the participation of students across more than 250 HeForShe Student Associations globally;
- Develop training, communication and advocacy materials for student supporters;
- Maintain expert, up-to-date strategic knowledge of issues and movements in the youth activism ‘landscape’, share information for purposes of planning and direction-setting for HeForShe;
- Build links and form effective relationships with key allies in youth movements around the world to ensure that HeForShe work learns from and reflects the energy/dynamism of these movements.
Build partnerships and provide support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide technical support and coordination with UN Women departments including but not limited to Communications; Department of Management and Administration, Programming and Strategic Partnerships
- Develop communications plans to reach HeForShe goals, in close collaboration with the Communications team, including working across teams to manage rapid response strategic communications at key initiative moments;
- Provide technical inputs to long-term communications plans for the initiative and partnership work;
- Contribute inputs to the development of key HeForShe publications including the annual report and contribute content for HeForShe social media channels.
Provide guidance and support to HeForShe Champions and other key partners:
- Provide technical, coordination and substantive support and guidance s to IMPACT 10x10x10 and Thematic Champion organizations as well as other key partners in delivering upon their commitment to mobilise all of their personnel behind the mission of HeForShe and ensure continued Champion engagement.
Manage the people and finances of the HeForShe Programme:
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed. Provide coaching and guiding support to team members as needed;
- Monitor and ensure that activities are implemented in line with workplan and budget.
Facilitate knowledge building:
- Share lessons learned and best practices with colleagues, ensure dissemination of information within the team an in the organization.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality partnerships which further the HeForShe movement;
- HeForShe.org commitment number;
- Representation of HeForShe throughout the UN system;
- Ensure AWP target around funds raised is met;
- Quality events which further the HeForShe movement;
- Timely and quality execution of the HeForShe AWP implementation and reporting.
- Core values:
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Affinity with the work related to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems;
- Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation;
- Strong networking skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Politics, International Relations, Communications, Marketing, Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant field is required;
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years working in conceptualizing, building and playing a leadership role in transformative organizing campaigns/movements or Programme/Project Management experience, when combined with a master’s degree is required;
- Previous experience working in national politics presidential/political party election campaigns and/or international advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in the UN is highly desired;
- Experience in a consultancy/advisory role is an asset;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and demonstrably superior writing skills in English is required;
- Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org