Responsible to: Programmes Co-ordinator
- To take a lead on developing, managing and evaluating transnational projects with partners in Europe;
- To support initiatives across Fare network’s work programme through project management, communication, research, administration and general support.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- To produce and maintain operational plans for project delivery;
- To organise and attend operational project meetings, events and workshops;
- To oversee performance and budget timelines; ensure completion of tasks associated with workstreams;
- Manage small project consortiums;
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of projects, and identify and implement actions/improvements;
- To maintain and build good relationships with project partners, contractors and other bodies;
- To oversee and support implementation of dissemination and communication activities;
- To contribute to the wider activities and objectives of Fare as required.
- To have an understanding of priorities with a sport for social change focus;
- To take responsibility for coordinating the delivery of projects for Fare and project partners;
- To manage external experts and suppliers to deliver programmes to high standards.
- Work with the Head of Communications to ensure the production of timely and high-quality material;
- Prepare summaries of events and reports to use in press and website materials.
- Be knowledgeable in project management techniques and methods;
- Have a practical understanding of social change initiatives;
- Be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant work experience;
- Have experience of delivering multi-stakeholder projects;
- It may be an advantage if you have experience of delivery of European Commission funding programmes;
- Have excellent interpersonal, and communication skills in English - verbal and written;
- It may be an advantage if you are fluent in at least one other European language;
- The ability to chair project meetings and organise online co-operation;
- Have experience of planning and managing a workload across multiple projects;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of identifying, communicating, and resolving potential project risks;
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy, and be proficient at solving problems;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft suite including, PowerPoint, Word & Excel;
- An ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively to the rest of the team.
- A 2-year work contract (with the possibility of renewal) from February 2018 with a decent salary and good terms;
- A dynamic and creative international team located in London;
- A stimulating work environment with partners from several European countries;
- As part of this position you will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel within Europe.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org