This position performs daily review of Intelligence and other Incoming reporting for lead development and follow-up and assists in the generation of peace and reconciliation requirements for collection or exploitation. Responsible for providing tailored research and analysis to assist U.S. policymakers. Military commanders, and their staffs in analyzing actors and networks affecting peace and reconciliation efforts within or external to Afghanistan; develops visual and geospatial diagrams, and identifies positions. Motivations, and vulnerabilities of those actors and their networks. Supports the planning, organizing, and coordination of peace and reconciliation-related activities, including providing actionable Intelligence and development of feasible. Acceptable, and sultable recommendations. Prepares and drafts correspondence, assessments, briefings, and reports for U.S. policymakers, military commanders and their staffs. Maintains liaison with the U.S. Embassy, Resolute Support, inter-governmental agencies, non-governmental agencies, and Interagency Participates in coordination meetings to include VTCs within theater and with CONUS-based agencies and organizations, as required.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance,
- Ten years of analytical experience and a Master's degree or equivalent experience; or BA/BS with over 8+ years experience
- One year of USG policy-level analysis experience.
- Three years of experience with intelligence methods and tools and expertise with critical node analysis of insurgent and terrorist networks.
- Skilled at implemenNng and utilizing best practices, proper tradecraft, and evaluating relevancy of disseminated information.
- Medically deployable to CENTCOM.
- Able to complete required personal weapons qualification prior to deployment.
Nice to Have Qualifications/Preferred Skills:
- Previous deployment experience with the U.S. military, Department of State, or other U.S. agency. Experience living and working in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Afghan history, culture, demographic, ethnic, and tribes including their similarities and differences.
- Of the key decision-makers within the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, including within the Ministries of Defense and Interior and the structure of these organizations.
- Knowledgeable of the foreign policy positions, motivations, and vulnerabilities of Insurgent groups and external state and non-state actors.
- Five years of experience with intelligence E-methods and tools, including analysis tools, report aggregators, and data visualization (i.e., '2 Analyst's Notebook, Palantlr, Google Earth. etc.).
- One year of experience supporting peace and reconciliation efforts between governments, military forces, triba, ethnic, and/or insurgent groups, e.g. Bosnia, Colombia, Iraq, etc.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org