The Times is seeking a confidential assistant to support the leadership of the Opinion team. This person will report to and work side-by-side with the Editorial Page Editor.
- Provide administrative support to the Editorial Page Editor
- Help ensure a cheerful, smooth-running department
- Schedule appointments, interviews, conference calls and other meetings
- Maintain good working relationships across The Times
- Act as liaison to outside contributors and vendors
- Perform other duties as required.
- Exceptional planning, time management and problem-anticipating and -solving skills
- Fact-checking and/or research or reporting experience
- Superior writing and interpersonal skills
- Excitement about the possibilities of journalism
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once while meeting deadlines
- Sense of responsibility and ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org