Provide administrative support to communications and advocacy outreach activities for the Bahrain Global Award for the Empowerment of Women.
- Provide logistical support to communications and advocacy efforts and campaigns, e.g. by supporting the organisation of roundtable discussions, press conferences, and other publicity events and providing inputs to briefing materials and press releases, as necessary.
Provide administrative support to the development of the RO communications and advocacy materials.
- Draft press releases, articles, key messages, and other advocacy materials;
- Review translations, contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
- Maintain library/database of reference materials and photos;
- Follow guidelines from HQ.
Provide support in the management of the RO social media presence and website.
- Gather information for the development of content for the RO website and social media channels;
- Update the website and social media channels, as required;
- Maintain files, databases, and systems relevant to the RO’s digital presence;
- Track and monitor social media and report relevant information to RO staff;
- Research, compile and produce reports on web statistics on a regular basis and electronic surveys;
- Design and create social media content (infographics, videos, GIFs, social media cards etc.).
Provide media relations support to the RO.
- Maintain and update database of relevant press in country;
- Respond to requests for information, as delegated;
- Gather and compile inputs for talking points.
Facilitate knowledge management and sharing.
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and lessons learned;
- Organize trainings and workshops on communication practices;
- Support regular meetings of regional communications focal points;
- Provide/exchange information with HQ and RO, MCO, and COs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor;
- Provide support on special web/digital/media projects undertaken by the RO.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely inputs to communication and advocacy materials;
- Timely organization of logistical support to discussions, conferences, briefings, and other events;
- Timely delivery quality administrative support;
- Webpages are well-maintained.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Knowledge of social media and communication strategies and methods;
- Good event planning skills;
- Ability to identify relevant events and stories and communicate them to a mass audience;
- Good multimedia skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Political Science or a related field is required.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in providing support to the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies and related plans;
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) as well as web-based management systems;
- Experience in the use of social media and digital communication.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Working knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org