The Transparency International EU Office in Brussels is seeking a highly motivated trainee to support research on the main EU institutions (European Commission, European Parliament, Council of the EU) and related project implementation, including desk research and direct interviews, as part of a broader institutional assessment. The focus of research will be on independence, transparency, accountability and integrity policies of EU institutions.
The Transparency International EU Office is part of the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Together with more than 100 national offices worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI EU raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption at the EU level. The EU Office promotes transparency, integrity and accountability in EU policies and institutions.
Main function: Research and project implementation support
Starting date: as soon as possible (no later than 1 March 2019)
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension or conversion)
Location: Transparency International EU Office, rue de l’Industrie 10, Brussels, Belgium
Traineeship allowance: 785 EUR per month, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support and bike benefit.
Key tasks include:
- Assist research on the main EU institutions using TI’s national integrity system methodology, including desk research (e.g. reviewing treaties, secondary legislation, internal policies of the institutions)
- Assist the research interviews including by liaising with the target institutions
- Internal and external communications work of the EU Office (e.g. drafting and editing articles and blogs, and support with multimedia activities), including on the preparation of official TI EU reports
- Assist the EU policy and media monitoring, research and analysis work in the relevant field
Attend and report on relevant events and conferences
- Provide overall support to project implementation, including various administrative tasks
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- University degree in European Studies, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Communications or other social science related field
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a requirement. Other European languages, in particular French and German, are an asset
- Visual skills are an asset, as is experience with quantifiable indicators
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU institutions and the policy making at the EU level in Brussels
- Strong writing skills including through multimedia and social media communications tools
- Excellent organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Considerable interest and in the work, and identification with the values, of TI
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org