- Answer and screen calls
- Prepare expense reports
- Arrange travel plans
- Prepare online and offline correspondence
- Schedule appointments and manage calendar
Office and Team Management Responsibilities
- Manage open team online calendar
- Time keeping management
- Order supplies, organizes mail and manages department listservs
- Handle invoices and inquiries to/from vendors
- Maintain forecasting and accruals
- Provide logistical assistance with work related events and conferences
- Coordinate knowledge management by maintaining office files, databases, shared drives, etc.
- Assist in the management of team resource allocation
- Perform special projects as required
- 3-5 years of experience assisting at the leadership level in a fast-paced media environment
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills
- Superior communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of management and other staff
- Entrepreneurial drive to take initiative and problem solve in support of business objectives
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Sense of responsibility and ability to adapt in an unstructured environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio and Google Docs
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org