Protection International (PI) is recruiting a Fundraiser for its Protection Desk in Thailand
Start date: 1 March 2019
PI is an international non-profit organization that supports human rights defenders in developing their security and protection management strategies. PI researches strategies and security management tools that protect human rights defenders, and shares its expertise in this area with people at risk due to their human rights work.
PI tailors its approach to context and profile and always works in partnerships with defenders and local human rights movements. Protection International has been working since 2004 with local partners in over thirty countries across the globe. Currently PI maintains presences in Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, DR Congo, Colombia, Guatemala, and Belgium (Head Office).
With a view to extending its financial capacity, PI Thailand is looking for a Fundraiser, who would work under the direct supervision of the PI Representative.
- To work within the mandate of PI and follow the principles of Impartiality and non- partisanship
- To investigate and follow-up on possible funding opportunities for PI’s activities
- To support and liaise with the PI Representative of Thailand and Programme-Coordinator Brussels in their searches for funding opportunities in the field
- To elaborate, in liaison with the concerned departments of PI, proposals and budgets for new activities to be submitted to donors
- Collaborate and prepare reports for the PI Representative in Thailand on programmatic and thematic topics as well as other requests
- To collaborate on reporting for projects (interim and final reports), in coordination with the Financial Responsible of PI
- To ensure smooth communication with PI's donors
- To explore/apply new fundraising methodologies (events, online, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s security plan, update it and abide by it
- University Degree (Bachelor/Master) in a relevant domain (e.g. journalism, communication) or Certificate of a Fundraising Institute/Academy
- Experience in human rights work in Thailand or the region
- At least 2 years proven professional experience in Fundraising for NGOs, and/or experience as employee/consultant in a donor institution or a related field of importance for fundraising
- Diplomacy and extensive capacities to deal with donors constructively
- Excellent written communication in both Thai and English
- Excellent level in Thai and English (written and spoken), additional languages are an asset
- Proven ability to write proposals, elaborate reports and budgets and to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to project management and of organizational skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and a respect for diversity in the working environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with human rights organisations
- Experience in an international work environment
Terms & Conditions:
Employment contract until the end of 2019 (with the option of contract renewing) governed by Thai law. Competitive benefits and gross annual salary in line with the sector, commensurate with skills and experience. The position is part-time (3days/week) and based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Send your resume and motivation letter before 21 January 2019 to the following email: [email protected] , mentioning ‘Fundraiser’ in the subject line.
- Include your name in the file name of your application documents, e.g. Nam_Sutthida_CV.doc.
- Submit names and contact details of three references together with your application. Do not attach any certificates or references at this stage of the recruitmentprocess.
Interviews are tentatively planned for the week 28 January – 1 February 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
PI promotes gender equality and strongly encourages women applicants to apply for this position. Further information about Protection International can be obtained at www.protectioninternational.org or for specific queries about the recruitment process by contacting [email protected] // [email protected]
PI will use candidates’ personal data for the purpose of this recruitment process only. All personal information will be deleted 30 days after the selected candidate has taken up his/her position.