As a full-time member of the headquarters-based Global Communications team, the Communications Coordinator contributes to the implementation of Orbis’s communications and marketing initiatives in an effort to be recognized as the most trusted, inspiring partner in global ophthalmology.
The Communications Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support across all communications projects and collaborates with the team to make a real impact on the department’s everyday success while working towards team goals.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager, receives guidance from the Communications Associate, and works closely with other members of the New York-based Communications team and global Communications colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support press/media initiatives by assisting in the creation and distribution of media materials, including press releases, fact sheets, talking points, photo selections, media lists, media monitoring reports, etc.
- Contribute to the production of print/digital PR tools and materials, including paid advertisements, sponsored content, marketing collateral (e.g., brochures, annual reports, etc.), TV spots, etc.
- Assist in a full range of activities related to summarizing, proofreading, and transcribing.
- Support interactions with consultants and vendors to ensure smooth production of marketing services, from onboarding to final payment.
- Regularly update photo database (powered by Canto) with Orbis photography/video, captions, and keywords for internal and external use.
- Field email inquiries, including journalist inquiries and sales pitches, and escalate to the appropriate team members.
- Assist NY Communications team in maintenance of department intranet pages by implementing updates as needed and directed by the team.
- Support staff members with brand identity inquiries, ensuring proper distribution and use of all logos, brand colors, and other brand assets.
- Support cost center manager in monitoring team budget:
- Assist with yearly budget planning.
- Maintain monthly team budget tracker.
- Process vendor and consultant invoices for payment.
- Manage credit card reconciliation process.
- Assist team in planning meetings via Outlook calendar, setting up video conferences via Zoom or other technology, distributing agendas ahead of time, and minutes/next steps afterward.
- Create documents, presentations, and spreadsheets for executive leadership team, other staff, board members, and external audiences as needed.
- Assist with shipping materials via FedEx and USPS.
- Assist in preparation of events and conferences, including supporting AV needs, creating signage, coordinating onsite photographers, and participating in design of print and digital informational and promotional materials.
- Liaise with global communications team and other colleagues across all offices to ensure proper management of all communications initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Entry level professional.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field would be an advantage.
- Two years’ worth of work and/or internship experience in a media, marketing or public relations field is desirable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail and organization.
- Able to both multitask and work independently amidst tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; must be comfortable interacting effectively with colleagues at all levels, non-native English speakers, donors, external consultants and the media.
- Flexible, proactive and hands-on work style.
- Resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Must be able to quickly turn around professional-quality PowerPoint presentations/slideshows; working knowledge of other presentation creation software a plus
- Will use Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Zoom, Canto and PR Newswire on a regular basis; existing experience on any of the above a plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or any other graphic design tools a plus
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere) skills a plus
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Accountability, Caring, Commitment, Trust, and Excellence.