We are currently seeking an External Relations Associate to join our talented Development Team. As External Relations Associate, you will play an important role in our
Development initiatives by assisting the ongoing efforts of the External Relations Officer in implementing major gift strategies to help grow revenue for the Acton Institute.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the External Relations Officer to align efforts and establish goals.
- Manage a donor portfolio (estimated 100 donors) by cultivating relationships through frequent communication (quarterly minimum) keeping them informed of Acton’s work and the impact of their contributions. (current portfolio will largely be composed of donors in IL, IN, MI, OH)
- Cultivate and grow portfolio by implementing strategic moves management.
- Present on Acton Institute’s mission and ongoing projects to donors within portfolio.
- Produce reports following donor meetings.
- Conduct timely acknowledgment of contributions.
- Manage external relations database projects with high level of accuracy, integrity, and punctuality.
- Curate external relations data; assist External Relations Officer in preparing monthly reports to analyze progress and determine necessary actions to maximize efficiency.
- Research donors and prepare standard donor bio sheets.
- Identify, research, and cultivate prospective donors through mailings and personal correspondence.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Assist with special projects and other assignments as needed.
- Book travel arrangements and submit timely expense reports.
- Read 2 fundraising books per year and brief development team on key points.
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to help promote a free and virtuous society.
- Possess an intellectual interest and passion for Acton’s mission.
- BS or BA degree.
- 2 years of professional experience.
- Persuasive writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, analytical ability, and data-driven.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Friendly demeanor and demonstrates professional decorum at all times.
- High level of responsiveness and urgency.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to travel (estimated 20% travel, occasional weekend travel required).
- Experience with fundraising software programs is a plus.
This position is located at Acton’s headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. This job opportunity requires that you are currently legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer.
Qualified candidates interested in our mission and the synthesis of free markets and morality are encouraged to apply! To be fully considered for a career opportunity please email below and include the job title in your subject line and submit the following application to the attention of Human Resources:
- Your resume;
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the Acton Institute.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org