FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Civil Society Specialist for an anticipated USAID/Central Asia civil society project. The project is expected to strengthen civil society organizations across Central Asia to better represent the interests of citizens and act both as an effective partner and, when necessary, hold the government accountable for being responsive to citizens' needs and interests.
The Civil Society Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of many of the field activities. This position will work directly with partner organizations, and implement mechanisms and activities that support civic engagement and civic participation and strengthen effective, accountable governance. The Civil Society Specialist will also support grants management and oversight efforts.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity-building of specific technical components of the program;
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with counterparts and technical staff of grantees;
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of technical strategies and program components;
- Influence design and scope of technical initiatives and programs;
- Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for enhancements;
- Represent the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGO;
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters;
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in international development, international affairs, or related field. At least 8 years of program design and management experience in civil society strengthening, governance, and/or youth development; or, a Master’s degree in these fields and at least 5 years of experience;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience leading civil society strengthening or civic participation activities, with preference given to experience in Central Asia;
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in international development program management;
- Demonstrated technical expertise and thought leadership in civil society strengthening and promoting civic engagement;
- Knowledge of or prior experience working on projects related to civil society, civic participation, governance, and marginalized populations;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Central Asia;
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org