Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
IRI seeks an experienced Senior Benefits Administrator to manage and coordinate the administration and support of IRI’s Benefits program. This individual will offer a strategic viewpoint on benefit plan offerings and be able to deliver critical administrative support to support the day to day customer service needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent experience in HR.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in a benefits related role.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and other similar state specific leave laws.
- An understanding of retirement plans (403(b) and 457) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Advanced skills needed for MS Excel.
- Customer service orientation with ability to communicate clear and directly.
- An ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong team player.
- Great attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Preference for CEBS, other related Human Resources designation
- Experience with HRIS programs. Preference for UltiPro experience.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Administers and manages a comprehensive Health and Welfare program including Health (HRA & PPO), Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, Graduate Student Loan and COBRA.
- Serves as the primary Point of Contact for Third Party vendors, resolving claims and benefit issues.
- Manages relationships with brokers and vendors.
- Supports employees throughout benefit lifecycle including orientation, enrollment, coordination of payroll deductions, benefits related queries and support to resolution
- Reviews reconciliations, and submission of all monthly vendor invoices for payment.
- Administration of 403(b) retirement plan to include setting up deductions, reporting eligibility dates and compiling required documentation for 5500 annual reporting.
- Approves qualifying life event changes and new hire benefits enrollment.
- Provides input and guidance on the overall direction of IRI’s benefits programs including areas where IRI can strengthen its offerings.
- Tracks and maintaining company leave program to include STD, Parental leave; ensuring compliance with state and federal laws.
- Responsible for FMLA compliance and administration.
- Follows ACA compliance regulations and leads the filing of returns to the IRS and 1095-C forms to employees.
Other Initiatives and Processes
- Partners with vendors and brokers to deliver annual Health Fair
- Organizes and manages annual Open Enrollment
- Provides reporting on new hires, terminations, other relevant data as required
- Performs other duties as assigned