The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Program Assistant, Global Programs
Reports to: Program Officer, Global Programs
Scope: This position is based in Washington, D.C. It is responsible for providing programmatic and administrative support for CIPE’s Global programs on thematic topics covering democratic and market reform, business advocacy, anti-corruption, digital economy and technology, and other timely issues.
- Work in close collaboration with Global Program Officer (GLPO) and Director of Global Programs (RD) to coordinate project management deliverables and activities for the Global portfolio.
- Prepare routine documents such as grant agreements, consultant contracts, reporting documents for grantees, etc.
- Correspond via email and phone with program partners, international organizations, and consultants to coordinate program activities, updates, events, and travel.
- Process and track payment requests, travel expense reports, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, grant and contract modifications, and other filings.
- Maintain a variety of programmatic, financial, correspondence and contract files in paper form and electronically.
- Assist the GLPO and RD in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and semi-annual reports, cumulative assessments, programmatic proposals, blogs, articles and other documents for internal audiences, donor agencies and CIPE promotional use.
- Contribute to an organization-wide culture of innovation, integrity, and high performance.
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams.
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE, NED, USAID, and other donor policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of administrative office experience required; experience supporting international development programs preferred
- Strong computer skills, MS-Office, WordPress, MailChimp, Social Media (Twitter), etc.
- Background in international affairs with an emphasis on political, economic or democracy development preferred
- Excellent English writing, research, analytical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to manage multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop and monitor project budgets
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain good relationships with international partners and donors
- International work experience or education is a plus
- Fluency in a second language (French, Arabic, Spanish) a plus
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, writing sample and salary history to [email protected]; subject “GLPA-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.