The M&E Specialist designs and conducts evaluations of international fellowship and scholarship programs for IIE and external clients, including foundations, corporations, and government agencies. The M&E Specialist supports Head of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department in management of evaluations and development of M&E plans and methodology. The M&E Specialist works closely with the Head of MEL Department to set strategy for the department, develop business, and manage the day-to-day operations of the department. Serves as a key IIE resource for business development and represents the institute as a subject matter expert.
- Manages evaluations for IIE and external clients, including project implementation, client communication, and reporting. Ensures that evaluation timelines and deliverables are met.
- Performs advanced data collection and analysis.
- Provides quality control and consistency around deliverables for evaluation projects, including review of instruments and reports for content, adjustment of focus and structure based on client needs, etc.
- Represent IIE’s evaluation activities to external audiences in the U.S. and globally. Disseminates IIE's evaluation activities and findings through articles, IIE website, chapters, and essays in domestic and international publications.
- Designs evaluation plans and methodologies for IIE and external clients. Writes proposals sections and supporting annexes. Assesses the needs of clients, provides technical expertise, and incorporates innovate evaluation approaches to the work of the division. ; Support evaluation consulting activities, as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Master's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree required in education, public administration or social sciences with a specialization in program evaluation, policy analysis or research methodology.
- Experience designing and conducting international program evaluations.
- Experience in client relations and communicating with a wide variety of evaluation stakeholders. Experience with conceptualizing and developing logic models and theories of change.
- Applied knowledge of statistics and qualitative data analysis with experience using Stata and/or SPSS, as well as Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel.
- Ability to successfully implement simultaneous projects and competing demands in a fast-paced work.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org