SOS Children's Villages (SOS) is an INGO with a comprehensive approach to sustainable development. By strengthening families and communities, providing long-term care for children in need, educating and empowering youth, and advocating for children's rights, we transform millions of lives each year.
SOS is seeking a Program Officer to join the world's largest family. The Program Officer will support and communicate the impact of a portfolio of grant-funded programs that impact women and youth. The position is located in Washington, DC.
Within a matrix management structure, the Program Officer is an integral team member of the Corporate & Foundation Relations Department, while also backstopping, representing, and supporting programs implemented in multiple SOS offices overseas. With limited supervision, the Program Officer will provide leadership and coordination in the areas of program support, reporting and communications, donor engagement, and new business development.
The Program Officer provides remote support to country offices to ensure the successful implementation of projects funded by institutional U.S. donors. The essential duties and responsibilities of the Program Officer include, but are not limited to, the following functional areas:
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs by supporting the development and execution of project plans, monitoring progress, and conducting detailed review of implementation and spending.
- Remotely build effective peer working relationships with country teams.
- Identify and coordinate technical assistance for program design, work plan development, reporting, M&E, and operations.
- Conduct monitoring field visits as directed by donor-funded programs.
- Develop and maintain an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
Reporting & Communications:
- Write donor reports, coordinating inputs from multiple sources, and facilitating the internal review process to ensure timely submission.
- Create compelling statistics, stories, and data visualizations to convey program impact.
- Develop deliverables decks, one-pagers, case studies, white papers to showcase programs.
- Lead analysis and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and innovations.
- Collaborate with marketing teams on communication strategy.
- Develop and implement a calendar of donor stewardship touch points.
- Deliver quarterly updates to donors, whether in writing, by phone, or in-person.
- Create and lead engaging, international, multi-day donor field experiences, as necessary.
New Business Development and Proposal Writing:
The Program Officer plays a critical role in securing new resources for SOS. Duties may include:
- Participate in new business development initiatives, including planning, prospecting, drafting robust narrative, reviewing, editing, and formatting.
- Design of new programs in overseas locations.
- Identification of potential funding sources aligned with program objectives.
- Development of proposals and following up with potential donors, as needed.
- Bachelors' degree.
- Minimum 5 years' fundraising and program management experience, preferably at a non-profit.
- First-rate writing, communication, and analytic skills for expert reporting.
- Success resolving implementation challenges and influencing without direct authority.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices/hours to accommodate coordination with country teams and deliver against tight or unanticipated deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed in support of program and organizational needs (up to 20 percent), often to remote locations within developing countries.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong work ethic and a collaborative, professional team spirit.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook and Excel.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Affinity to the mission and values of SOS Children's Villages.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org