The aim of the traineeships is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the EFTA Secretariat.
Field of work
The trainees will be assigned to a specific division of the EFTA Secretariat according to the academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives.
Posts are offered within the following fields of work:
- General / Policy Coordination (IMD and ECD), Brussels
- Information / Communication (SGO), Brussels
- Legal Affairs (IMD and ECD), Brussels
- Statistics (ESO), Luxembourg
- Economics and General / Policy Coordination (SGO), Geneva
A short overview of the activities of each division and the related trainee posts can be found here. Please read the document carefully before applying, you can consult the EFTA Secretariat website for more information.
Please note that candidates need to specify their preferred field of work in the online application tool.
• University degree within law, economics, political science, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
• Work experience of 1-2 years in a governmental service and knowledge of the EEA agreement would be an advantage.
• An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English.
• A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat are open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Trainees receive a monthly stipend of EUR 1 570 if stationed in Brussels, and CHF 2 430 if stationed in Geneva. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org