Do you believe that powerful international travel and leadership opportunities should be accessible to students from all backgrounds? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented, dynamic people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a nonprofit that provides powerful international travel and leadership opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. We are the only youth travel organization that places diversity and equity at the heart of our model. Every student who attends one of our partner schools is eligible for a need-based scholarship and last year we provided over $2.5 million dollars in scholarships to make our program accessible to students from all backgrounds. Our students engage in pre-trip workshops that prepare them to participate in a structured 16-day international experience focused on service-learning, cultural immersion, and leadership development in Ecuador, Panama, or the Dominican Republic. The Global Glimpse program builds empathy, agency, and global perspective to empower students from all backgrounds to succeed in college and drive change locally and globally. Founded in 2007, over 5,000 students and 500 educators have participated in our leadership development and travel programs. We currently serve over 1,000 students each year from 80 high schools and six college preparatory organizations across the SF Bay Area, New York Tri State Area, Greater Chicago, Massachusetts, and Colorado.
Learn more at www.globalglimpse.org
Global Glimpse is seeking a motivated People Operations Manager to support the growing organization’s HR needs. We believe that our people are everything and we are looking for someone who has the skills and passion to continue to make Global Glimpse an incredible place to work as we grow. Reporting to the Chief Operations & Growth Officer, the People Operations Manager will be responsible for mastering existing systems and practices, introducing and building out the department’s capabilities in the areas of HR systems, recruitment, onboarding, and employee relations.
Talent Acquisition & Engagement
- Oversee the offer and onboarding process for new hires following the confirmed offer: coordinates the e-delivery of offer letters; new hire paperwork verification, including payroll and benefits forms and reviews submitted forms for completeness and accuracy; ensure access to computer and email accounts
- Support the performance appraisal process; analyze and synthesize employee data, create meaningful metrics and reports
- Serve as a contact for all employees; answers questions on HR policies and procedures, benefits, and elevates employee relations questions and issues to Chief Operations & Growth Officer
- Assist managers with recruiting and hiring, interviewing, coaching, performance reviews and improvement plans, terminations, and salary adjustments
- Collaborate with Marketing team to build out compelling HR Marketing collateral including but not limited to: website page, social media posts, hiring announcements, etc.
- Manage employees enrollments in group medical, dental, and vision plan benefits, retirement plans, and PTO tracking, liaising with benefits brokers, carriers, and HRIS
- Assist the Chief Operations & Growth Officer with open enrollment processes and benefits evaluation for cost-effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Track annual professional development funding
- Remain current in all relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations and ensures Global Glimpse’s compliance in the United States (i.e., EEO, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, WC).
- Coordinate workers compensation claims
- Update HR handbook, policies, and other relevant employee materials; communicate and train staff on updated policies throughout the year
- Manage internal weekly and monthly staff meetings (e.g. scheduling, room setup, agenda setting, note-taking) and organizational calendar administration
- Coordinate special internal events: annual international staff retreat, birthdays, work anniversaries, holiday parties, and other events which may include managing a budget and coordinating staff support and participation
- Collaborate with Chief Operations & Growth Officer on ad hoc HR projects
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy, completeness, and security of employee records and data in Intuit Online Payroll and HRIS
- Process and ensure payroll actions are administered with appropriate documentation
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Understanding of human resources, including local, state and federal labor laws and regulations, employee benefit plans, and workers’ compensation
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification preferred
- Organized self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with technology and workflow systems, including HRIS, Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Creative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of online payroll platforms (Intuit Online Payroll preferred)
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
Reports to: Chief Operations & Growth Officer
Location: Berkeley, California (HQ)
Start date: April 2019
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Global Glimpse provides great benefits, a fun and inspiring place to work, and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Professional development opportunities with stipend
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
Please send your resume and a cover letter as a single PDF attachment to [email protected] Please have “People Operations Manager – Your Name” in the subject line of the email.
In your cover letter, please indicate your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse, highlight your specific qualifications for the position, provide 3 references and a joke that will make us laugh. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org